Some special events are under organisation, for the benefit of interested participants:
- JTC1: Natural Slopes and Landslides. JTC1 is a joint international technical committee on natural slopes and landslides. The committee brings together representatives from the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE); the International Society for Rock Mechanics (ISRM); and the International Association for Engineering Geology and the Environment (IAEG).
- Short Course GIS and earth science from the EU project Pangeo organised by Eurogeosurvey, the association of the European Geological Surveys.
- Photo exhibition
on "Landslides of the world". Jury's members:
- Guglielmo Pepe, Editorialist e Senior Editorial Consultant, National Geographic Italy- President of the Jury
Roberto Pompili, Geologist ISPRA.
Marco Pinna, photo editor National Geographic
Orlando Pandolfi, President ECN yourLIFE Foundation Maria Pop, ECN youLIFE Foundation
- Alpine convention: presentation of the report on Natural Disasters in the Alpine region.
- IAES - International Academy of Environmental Sciences: the constitution of the European Environmental Criminal Court (EECC) and of the International Environmental Criminal Court (IECC). Case study for outlining the main scientific and juridical reasons on the impact of transfrontalier disaster and relationship of national legislations.
- ICL Board of Representatives
- IAEG Italian Section - Meeting of Management Committee
- C.E.R.G. - General Assembly
1. "Passeggiata romana" - Guided Tour Ancient Rome: Colosseo, Roman Forum and Capitoline hill
Wednesday , October 5th 2011 (about 3 hours in the afternoon)
A journey back into time to admire the grandiose remains of the ancient Roman civilisation: the Colosseum, where the gladiators used to fight; the Roman Forum, the old centre of the city life; the arch of Titus and that of Costantine, the Capitoline Hill, with the beautiful square designed by Michelangelo and the equestrian statue of emperor Marco Aurelio.
Cost per person € 30,00 (Including tickets and headphones). Make your reservation at WLF2 Information Desk during the Forum or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Deadline: Tuesday, October, 2nd -2011)
2. Social Dinner – BORGO DI TRAGLIATA
Thursday, October 6th 2011
Tragliata (Rome province) is an ancient town, with Etruscan origins, situated on an impressive tuff cliff in the middle of Rio Maggiore Valley. The medieval castle was converted in a farm and today is a agro tourism complex called the Green Industry.
During the evening guests can taste
typical biological products, instantly made, and enjoy a mini carriage trip to
the baroque church of Sant Isidoro, with the accompaniment of a Folkloristic Music concert .
In Tragliata will be announced the winners of the "Landslides of the world" Photo Contest.
Cost per person € 80,00 (Including
bus transfer from/to Rome), payble on the web site in the registration form by adding 'social dinner' in your cart. Deadline: September, 30th 2011. After the deadline ask the WLF2 Information Desk for availability.